martes, 18 de enero de 2011

My top 10 place to visit in South America

My top 10 places to visit in South America are:
1. Machu Picchu in Cuzco, Peru is a truly amazing 15th century Inca ruins found on a mountain ridge. For the real adventurers and will be for sure your favorite place in South America.
2. Salar de Uyuni in Uyuni, Bolivia is the world's largest salt lake. Very amazing place, perfect for taking pictures and I guarantee that you will be amazed.
3. Christ the Redemer at Corcovado, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. One of the new 7 wonders of the world, Christ statue in Corcovado is 130 ft. high and 98 ft. wide is a must-see in Brazil.
4. Atacama Desert in northern Chile is the driest desert in the world. One of the many highlights is the starful nights.
5. The Amazon Rainforest found in several countries is a pure nature and a true adventure trip. Can't miss it.
6. Perito Moreno Glacier in the Patagonia region of Argentina. Even though its really really cold you will see a incredibly large Glacier touring on the tourist boat.
7. The Galapagos Islands found in the Pacific Ocean and part of Ecuador. Archipelago of volcanic islands where you will find several unique animal species.  If you are seeking adventure and a pure natural place to visit don't miss the Galapagos Islands
8. Lake Titicaca in both Bolivia and Peru is the Largest lake in South America and the Highest navigable lake in the world. Don't miss the many islands found in the lake and the Totora boats.
9. Iguazu falls found in Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay has many places to admire the several catarts and falls found all over the place.
10. Punta del Este, Uruguay is a up-scale resort that gets booming with tourists during summer. Some  highlights are the scenic beaches and the colonial architecture.

Some pictures of Punta del Este (1st), Salar de Uyuni (2nd), and Machu Picchu (last).


3 comentarios:

  1. Even though I was living in South America, only place that I have gone is Machu Pichu. I was planning to visit Iguazu this summar vacation but due to the busy schedule, the summar vacation ended in Santa Cruz. I have seen Galapagos from pictures only. My goal in this year is to visit one of these places.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. All those places look so beautifull that it makes me want to be there! I haven't been in any of them but I hope that soon enough I'll have the oportunity. My favorite country so far is Mexico with those beautifull beaches and culture so I hope you will put some info about it and let your other followers get to know all the variety of landscapes that they will find there.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The places that you posted looked amazing! I have to admit that my favorite are the Galapagos. I would love to travel there in the next vacation i have so if you maybe could post some good hotels or activities that i can do there with my family it would be of great help.

    ResponderEliminar